Home > Calendar News & Events > Events > 5K
Miracles in Motion Trick or Treat Dash
A Halloween inspired 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
All Abilities Welcome!
Trick or Treating along the routes
Costume dress up corner
NEW! Carved Pumpkin Contest
Sunday, October 27th, 2013
Rain or Shine
Registration opens at 8 a.m.
1 Mile Race starts at 8:30 a.m.
5K Race starts at 9 a.m.
Red Cedar Lodge
Squaw Creek Park
4305 Squaw Lane, Marion, IA 52302
Click for map of Squaw Creek Park.
Entry Fees - all proceeds benefit Miracles in Motion:
$25 per person
$10 per child 10 & under
$20 per person - Corporate group rate (10 person minimum)
To reserve a t-shirt, register by October 18th
NEW! Easy, secure online registration for Participants, Sponsors, and Donors
Please try it! You can pay by credit card or check.
Trick or Treat Dash Registration Form(if not registering online)
Hero Challenge Form(help us raise extra funds)
Corporate Sponsor Form (a great opportunity to sponsor this event!)
Click here for Trick or Treat Dash News & Updates
Day of Event Info
- Registered Participants - express check-in for online & mailed-in registrants
- Day of Event Registration - available in Red Cedar Lodge
- Download 5k Course Map
- Restrooms - Modern facilities available at race HQ in the Red Cedar Lodge.
- Costume contest - Participants are encouraged to arrive in costume. Prizes are awarded for the best costumes.
- Pumpkin carving contest - New this year!
- Dogs - Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome at this event. Please remember to clean up after your pet. They can dress up too!
- Important Date - Early bird registration - to reserve your 2013 MIM Trick or Treat Dash t-shirt, registration and payment must be received by October 18th. Additional T-shirts may be available first-come basis, to late registrants on race day.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Platinum - Children's Center for Therapy
Silver - Mercy & UnityPoint-St. Luke's
Bronze - Civitan
Crystal - Leepfrog & Vic's Autobody
Inkind - Area Ambulance for ambulance service, Road ID for race bibs and information, Hy-Vee for water
Media - KCRG's Show You Care (sponsored by: Jenny Craig, Mercy Medical Center, Eels & Tronvold Law Offices, PLC and Dave Wright Subaru), KCRG - Morning Mugshot, and Gazette’s Partners In Charity